A lot of people have tried to work out the “life seasons” or “life cycle” of an organization. Do you think the following has any validity?
1. A new idea leads to a new movement
2. The new movement moves towards a centralized administration (either from fear of losing control or hope of a better product).
3. Central administration makes for centralized criticism.
4. Centralized (read: concentrated) criticism leads to secrecy or obstinacy.
5. Secrecy or obstinacy leads to distrust.
6. Distrust leads to abandonment.
7. Abandonment leads to isolation.
8. Isolation leads to a new idea.